An IT Field Support Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
- Respond to all support tickets regarding IT and medical equipment related issues and serve as point of contact for the issues through resolution or escalation
- Configure PC’s and laptops, problem ticket resolution and track problems using Manage Engine Service Desk Plus
- Install and maintain desktop systems and hardware, printers, network equipment, servers, and storage
- Integrate and test activities by migrating applications from development to operation environment
- Coordinate with the network services and software development groups
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user friendly professional manner; providing one-on-one coaching as needed
- Performs on-site assessments of office technology
- Install and troubleshoot software packages such as operating systems, patches, software updates, and anti-virus updates to enterprise systems
- Maintains accountability and inventory of infrastructure components
- Perform project coordination, either as a project team leader or member, This role will assist in the design, scheduling, implementation, and subsequent maintenance of a project.
- Travel to other Eyecare Partners facilities, when deemed necessary by IT management.
- Other duties may be assigned as required by IT management.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience with Electronic Health Records and Practice Management software
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex networking and information systems environment
- 1-2 years experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 or later, Microsoft Office 2010 or later, Dell Desktop and Laptops including in-depth knowledge of Del workstation/laptop hardware platforms, Desktop Imaging applications, Sophos Endpoint Protection, and Java Client
- Familiarity with application delivery methods, Microsoft based system security, Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, Apple Mac hardware and Operating System
- PCI and HIPAA Compliance
- Ability to work weekends and provide on-call 24x7 support as needed
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing goals with ability to grow, adapt, and accept change
- Organized and self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Also,
this role requires employees to analyze/evaluate information and communicate with internal customers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree in Computer science, Information Systems or 2-4 year degree with significant
Information Systems experience; or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years IT experience in desktop/network support.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.