Keystaff is seeking an R&D Lab Technician in Grand Prairie to support incoming material testing, WIP product testing, internal R&D, and new product development prototype testing and analysis. In this role you will assist R&D scientists and new product design engineers in the execution of their development activities under the guidance of the Lab Supervisor. In addition, you will accomplish all testing required to validate production material meets all end customer specifications. 1st shift position, M-F, $18-21/hr, doe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs inspection and testing of raw materials to determine acceptability
- Performs in-process testing to ensure product acceptability
- Ensures that procedures and reports related to laboratory work are completed in a timely manner, accurate, complete, and filed correctly
- Understands and performs testing to Customer Specifications, Drawings and PO requirements
- Understands and performs testing to Quality, Military, FAA, and NADCAP requirements
- Documents all analysis and testing completed for R&D and New Product development projects working closely with the cognizant engineer/scientist
- Manages and understand requirements for laboratory equipment and testing
- Maintains a clean and safe lab working environment
- Ensures that laboratory is efficient and meets delivery schedules
- Ensures prompt and satisfactory customer service to stakeholders
- Performs continuous improvement as required
- Works with other technicians through all Texstars and laboratory safety regulations.
- BS in Chemistry or similar discipline preferred
- Committed to working in an industrial environment and capable of executing against established processes and standards
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and proactively communicate status while working to accomplish the assigned tasks
- Attention to detail and consistent follow through are critical to success in this role
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact across all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solver and able to apply creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory instruments.
- Good math, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and Word; familiarity with statistical analysis packages a plus
- Able to lift and carry up to 55 pound product test samples
Please submit resume to be considered.
Keystaff, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Keystaff, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regards to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age and disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.