Purpose of Position:
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide administrative support in a culture that thrives on winning. You are an enabler of success, bringing attention to detail, process orientation, problem solving and a strong customer service orientation. You understand that accuracy and anticipation are critical in maintaining an effective work flow. Typical duties include but are not limited to: calendar management, domestic and international travel planning, meeting management, reporting of key metrics, presentations, and other specified initiatives for the President of Sea-Bird Scientific and the VP of Danaher Water Quality Platform Digital Growth Team. This position will also assist in supporting the leadership team of Sea-Bird Scientific reporting directly to the President. The position is based out of the Sea-Bird Scientific offices in Bellevue, WA.
Provide confidential administrative support to the President, immediate direct report team, and VP of Danaher Water Quality Platform Digital Growth Team.
Manage and maintain executive schedules/calendars/email.
Make travel and lodging arrangements for both domestic and international travel, including expense reporting.
Prepare agendas and make arrangements for staff, committee, and other meetings.
Collect and prepare information for use in discussions, meetings, and formal presentations.
Compose routine correspondence.
Prepare reports regarding key metrics.
Provide logistics for event planning, both small and large groups, both on-site or off-site, related to Sea-Bird Scientific and/or Danaher business.
Partner and provide backup support as necessary together with the other Executive Assistants on site.
- Confidentiality: Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Agility: Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Independence: Must require little direction and supervision.
- Reliability: Must be consistent – in the work done, attendance and personal demeanor.
- Accuracy: Delivering on commitments on time, and getting it right the first time is critical.
- Project Management: Capable of scoping and implementing project plans with varying degrees of complexity and duration.
- Efficiency: Must be able to find ways to accomplish work in as short a period as possible while taking initiative to explore creative ways to enable productivity of direct supervisor.
- Coach-ability: Learns from mistakes and does not repeat them. Also takes feedback and incorporates it.
- Professionalism: Must present a professional demeanor at all times, whether dealing with internal Danaher associates or external contacts.
- Approachability: Viewed as someone who can be a resource for others, and who others want to work with.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience in providing support to senior executive(s) required.
- Impeccable accuracy in document formatting, spelling, grammar, and proofreading.
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
- Proficiency in time and project management; able to manage multiple priorities with speed and accuracy.
- Meeting organization skills, including large group meetings, a plus.
- Capability to work extended hours on a periodic basis, including the potential for occasional overnight travel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including phone skills.
- Ability to operate proactively and anticipate future needs or obstacles before they arise.
- Ability to multi-task and work with, and for, diverse customers with varying leadership styles.