The Director of Legislative Affairs will work in conjunction with the Vice President of Legal & Government Affairs to advance NC policy at all levels of local, state, and federal government. Specific duties may include the following:
- Coordinate NC representation on various legislative, regulatory and governmental affairs under the direction of the Vice President of Legal & Government Affairs.
- Conduct research concerning the impact of existing and/or proposed legislation and regulations on producers.
- Assist and support members developing policy.
- Coordinate with membership to attend and testify at hearings when appropriate.
- Draft legislation, hearing testimony, and interpret existing statutes and policy for NC members.
- Serve as staff representative for a NC Committee and/or Council as assigned by the Executive Vice President.
- Contributes articles and updates frequently to bi-weekly NC Insider and monthly Nebraska Cattlemen publications.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of NC and NCBA members.
The position includes travel to local, state and potentially national industry meetings, as well as other relevant programs. Strong deference will be given to candidates with prior experience in government relations and/or regulatory work. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to Pete McClymont at firstname.lastname@example.org.