We are a national staffing firm seeking a Mechanic Test Technician with experience in the Oil and Gas industry for one of our fortune 500 clients. The position is located in Houston, TX. They are offering competitive pay!
Third Shift: 10:00PM – 6:30AM with 30-minute lunch
Overview of Duties:
A Test Lab Mechanic (Technician) does testing for critical projects that require a high volume of thru-put. The test lab mechanics are critical for installing, initiating and monitoring the engineering tests. This activity requires a team-based crew of test lab mechanics that can work cooperatively to accomplish the tasks in a safe manner. Safety is the first priority. Mechanical aptitude is required for this position along with knowledge of instrumentation and basic electronics. In this research & development environment, self-motivation, customer service and professionalism are all critical skills to have.
- Installing, initiating and monitoring the engineering tests for the lab.
- HS or equivalent plus relevant testing experience in a lab setting
- Working knowledge of the lab systems and processes.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry - Does not have to be 10 years but experience in the oil field industry is a plus, especially if they have worked on rigs before
- Knowledgeable of Baker Hughes product lines
- Experience in assembling various tools
The CTI test lab has a climate-controlled atmosphere maintaining around 74 degrees all year round. There are no major noise levels if there is an operation that does inject a lot of noise in the lab hearing protection is issued in the lab. There are very few instances that we perform jobs outside unless there are projects in the new warehouse or our typical forklift duties that require us to retrieve part bins and other fixtures from the new warehouse.