The Risk Safety Specialist position plans, direct and implements facility EHS programs to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment by performing all responsibilities personally and/or in conjunction with Operations Management. This position will report directly to the Risk Corporate Manager. Possible relocation package available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Implements safety procedures and completes projects as assigned by the Risk Manager and in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
· Assists operations management in maintaining compliance with air compliance , hazardous waste, storm water permit issues and environmental issues.
· Provides EHS compliance support and direction
· Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, accident and fire prevention and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials.
· Actively leads in the investigation process for all accidents that occur using the company required reports including the ‘5 Why’ procedures to determine root cause and document findings for periodic reporting and review (weekly, monthly, annually).
· Participates as needed in assisting with workers’ compensation investigations and case file review.
· Inspects facility to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicate and follows up to ensure such measures have been implemented.
· Provides information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
· Maintains EHS files and records.
· Participate in all governmental health, safety and insurance compliance inspections
· Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
· Champion RSI’s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
· Conducts department safety inspections
· Completes Monthly EHS Projects
· Provides Monthly safety tailgate meetings
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or equivalent is required
Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited college or university is highly desirable
3– 5 years of professional experience in safety, preferably in a manufacturing environment for a medium-large organization
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Must have strong organizational and time management skills
Must possess initiative and be highly motivated
Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access)
Must be innovative with a creative, energetic, positive outlook.
Must be highly motivated and performance driven
Ability to demonstrate sustained high level performance in a safety environment
Bilingual - Spanish and English is preferred