Tectonic is currently seeking a full-time or part time Geologist to join our Environmental Department based out of our Orange County, NY Corporate Office!
This position offers opportunities for professional growth and development, as well as the opportunity for job-specific certifications and training while working with a diverse group of environmental professionals!
The essential functions of this position will include traveling to various job sites, observing the sites and site operations with contractors as needed. Collecting and recording data by performing tests with field testing equipment to successfully perform soil and groundwater sampling, site investigations, remediation investigations, environmental site assessments, receptor evaluations, and related remediation tasks. Essential functions will also include performing various ACM / lead services, including inspections, assessments, remediation oversight, and other applicable testing.
Essential functions also include the preparation of detailed, concise, and accurate field reports, communicating with project managers, contractors, client representatives and colleagues, performing research, communicating required information for and assisting with various analyses of data using various software, as well as all other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree or equivalent in Geology, or a similar degree with comprehensive geologic coursework;
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience; prior geologic experience or experience with performing lead services is preferred;
- Ability to complete OSHA required training within a reasonable period of time following commencement of employment; OSHA 40HR Hazwopper training is a plus;
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the Company in a professional manner;
· Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills;
· Functional computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as ability to utilize various software programs, time reporting systems, and other related computer applications;
· Requires a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and personal vehicle to travel to project sites as needed.
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
An ENR Top 200 Firm, Tectonic provides unmatched capabilities in the following disciplines: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Environmental Services, Land Surveying, Homeland Security, Site Acquisition/Real Estate, Program & Construction Management, and Construction Inspection and Materials Testing. We concentrate our services with the following core market sectors: Energy, Telecommunications, Land Planning, Transportation, Water Resources, Municipal, and Institutions, Education & Healthcare.