St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center
321 East 25th Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Director of Resource Development
Company Overview: The mission of St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is to create preserve and maintain equal housing opportunities for low and moderate-income people, primarily in Baltimore City, and to encourage and support strong and diverse neighborhoods. St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is seeking a dynamic individual to manage its Resource Development Department.
Job Summary: Overall responsibility for planning, directing and implementing agency resource development activities with a focus on obtaining charitable gifts and grants. This position manages the organization’s public image including brand management, public relations and communications. The position also supports organization-wide strategic planning and program evaluation. This is a senior position in the organization.
Key Job Functions:
· Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure that strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner;
· Prepare and submit grant proposals and applications in collaboration with appropriate staff to grantors;
· Facilitate and participate in the development and preparation of grant proposals, applications and documents by other staff and outside consultants; confer with staff concerning grant needs, issues and opportunities; review, edit and revise grant narratives for other departments; prepare and process related paperwork; prepare grant applications and documents for distribution;
· Planning and coordinating the submission of grant proposals as well as monitoring submission of grant reports and communications with all funders;
· Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities Revised January 2014;
· Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information;
· Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts;
· Create and implement annual individual/business fundraising plan and activities for individual donor development working with Management staff and Board of Directors;
· Actively work with the Executive Director and management team to develop a comprehensive and strategic communications and marketing plan that defines objectives; targets audiences; and creatively identifies key messaging and tactics, in order to support St. Ambrose’s programmatic, funding, and policy goals;
· Develop media outreach plan and strategies for media campaigns including generating stories on St. Ambrose’s in news sources, social networking, print or online paid advertising – including creating content/collateral material such as video productions, text announcements, photos, flyers etc.;
· Manage St. Ambrose’s brand, visual identity and graphics including: maintaining and updating style guide, training staff, reviewing publicity material created by departments for conformance with St. Ambrose’s mission statements, key messages, logos and other communications;
· Participate in strategic planning and organization development;
· Coordinate/implement program evaluation activities;
· Manage a small team that include full and part-time staff, consultants and interns;
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
· A minimum of a B.A. or equivalent experience in nonprofit management;
· Minimum of four years’ experience including knowledge of Annual giving, Capital Campaign, Foundation/Corporate solicitations, Deferred Giving, Communications and Special Events;
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement long-term marketing and fundraising strategies, including experience cultivating and soliciting foundations, individual, and corporate donors in support of program and operational activities;
· Experience overseeing and editing grant writing by other staff or outside consultants;
· Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required; and fundraising software is a definite plus;
· Ability to work independently as well as in team structure;
· Ability to be flexible and perform varied work activities;
· Familiarity and comfort with social media is preferred;
· Ability to write and edit effectively;
· Able to work under pressure of many priorities and deadlines.
This position normally requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting or performing other work requiring medium exertion, talking, and hearing on a regular basis to perform the job requirement. These physical demands are required up to 85% of the time.
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest to:
Director of Human Resources
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc.
321 East 25th Street
Baltimore MD 21218 or via email to: email@example.com
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full time position plus benefits.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is to create, preserve and maintain equal housing opportunities for low and moderate-income people, primarily in Baltimore City, and to encourage and support strong and diverse neighborhoods.
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is seeking an energetic, experienced individual to join the team!
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest