Job Title: Web Front End Software Developer
How to Apply
We invite interested applicants to visit our website, www.slp-support.com/careers. When applying to open positions, create a profile, and tailor your resume to the specific position(s) you are interested in.
AIS, LLC a premier subcontractor to Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC in Livermore, CA has an opening for a Web Front-End Software Developer to develop and maintain a web-based and mobile-based solution for a current programmatic project. This position will support the Global Security Computing Applications Division (GS-CAD). Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will use Angular 7 and Ionic to create cross-browser, mobile-web, and mobile application user functionality. The mobile application will use Cordova. The successful candidate will also be responsible for creating innovative solutions to web design issues to help make the website more visually appealing and enhance usability. This position will report to the Principal Investigator and Software Developer.
This position may require the successful candidate have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Front-end development using Angular 7 and Ionic to create cross-browser/mobile-web/mobile-app user functionality with an understanding of the Java for the backend as needed
- Employ software engineering methods to application development for all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, coding, test and implementation
- Monitor app performance, test for site-related usability problems/vulnerabilities and rectify the issues
- Adhere to specific project requirements and security profile
- Interact with front-end and back-end software developers, scrum master, testers
- Participate as a team member in formal and informal code and design reviews
- Exercise independent judgement to define, develop, and implement original solutions to complex problems of a broad and diverse scope at the team, directorate, or institutional level
- Maintain active communication to meet deliverables and customer’s requirements
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- BS in Computer Science, Business Administration with concentration in Computer Information Systems, or a related degree, or an equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge
- Significant experience in mobile application development
- Significant experience with modern-framework-based web application
- Significant experience in developing and deploying web and mobile applications to a variety of browsers and to both iOS and Android platforms
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Java for back-end work
- Familiarity with Cordova for the iOS and Android application deployment
- Demonstrated ability to approach difficult problems with enthusiasm and creativity and to change focus when necessary
- Experience in working with multiple customers and organizations simultaneously and within time constraints.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate effectively in a team environment, present, and explain technical information
- Ability to resolve conflicting priorities and use independent judgment
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience with SQL databases and HTTP protocol
- Experience with Tomcat (JSP)
- Familiarity with Postgres database, and Solr/Lucene
- Experience with structured Scrum/Agile methodology
- Experience with software quality assurance methods, including software and system testing activities
- Knowledge sharing with team members and/or mentoring in application design and development
- Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
- Anticipated Clearance Level: P (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
More about Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers’ mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.