Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to help develop, test and validate novel technologies for rare variant, and epigenomic studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer detection and management.
As a Senior Research Associate in the Lunar Technology Development team, you will work with members of the team and collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development, bioinformatics, process engineering, automation, clinical development, and operations. You will be hands-on in the lab, leading and participating in efforts to develop, implement, validate, and transfer assays to our clinical lab. An ideal candidate would have experience with NGS assay development for automated platforms in a regulated environment.
- Performing sequencing sample preparation assays in medium to high throughput environment.
- Using automated platforms to perform cfDNA extractions and various DNA chemistries.
- Operating next generation sequencing instruments.
- Testing and improving novel sequencing sample preparation assays.
- Analyzing data with tools such as Excel, R, and Python etc.
- Performing and documenting work in compliance with applicable regulatory and quality practices (CLIA/CAP, IVD, Design Control, ISO13485)
- Engaging in early design of products and perform experiments both, independently and under the supervision of senior team members within Tech Dev and Bioinformatics groups.
· Presenting data, proposals, and progress in various forums.
- Organizing and maintaining laboratory supply inventory, and freezer storage.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field is required.
- Minimum 3-5 year of hands-on laboratory experience in an industry setting or otherwise high-throughput sequencing facility.
- Experience handling biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is required.
- Experience with Illumina sequencing platforms is preferred.
- Experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Product development in a regulated environment.
- Assay development on automated liquid handling platforms.
- Optimizing/developing oligonucleotide- and hybrid capture- based technologies.
- Developing novel library preparation chemistries.
- Leveraging NGS to study epigenetic markers.
Physical demands /working environment:
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/lab environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/