The Social Media Coordinator will be a highly valued member of the outreach team. This role will be the subject matter expert in management of all social media platforms. This role will create content and analyze social media platform behaviors and conversions using various analytics tools to recommend changes and improve performance for the company. This role requires thought leadership, creativity and analytical horsepower that will drive the innovation and processes that will create engagement into valuable business insights and strategies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply a creative social media background in helping to guide our company to smart long term decisions. To be successful in this role and to grow within the company, the ideal candidate for this position should be a passionate, driven, results-oriented individual. This is a high impact position and has regular exposure to top management.
- Strategize, manage, and execute across a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google ,and any potential new/emerging social media platforms. Create clear and consistent action plans to meet KPIs.
- Write and edit compelling social media copy that leads to increased engagement and audience growth within our social media community.
- Write and edit a variety of other content types, including blog posts and news articles.
- professionally produced videos and photos.
- Support in executing paid social initiatives.
- Utilize native and 3rd party analytics tools to report insights with actionable suggestions for both organic and paid efforts.
- Monitor competitors.
- Monitor the community to participate in social conversations. Engage existing followers and potential new customers through comments and messaging.
- Candidate should be detail oriented, self-motivated, and an excellent creative problem solver, with a proven ability to successfully manage multiple, disparate streams of work in a challenging, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to execute and promote continuous improvement and to immediately add value to the team
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to company mission and customers’ needs
- Communicates thoughts and expresses ideas effectively individually and in a group setting
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability in a team environment with an ability to gracefully shift priorities to accommodate business requests
- Develops cross-department cooperation and understanding of optimal solutions proven out by analytic rigor
- Use advanced data visualization techniques to communicate solutions to business stakeholders
- Predict and understand customer patterns through metric and statistical analysis
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Solid business acumen and understanding of marketing strategies
- Problem-solver who is able to communicate clearly with the entire staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of social media experience, preferably for a consumer-facing brand preferred
- Strong interest in social media.
- Familiarity with general marketing and social media principles and channels. Ability to translate business and marketing objectives on to social platforms.
- Knowledge of how to create and post image and video-based content to the top social media platforms- Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube.
- Experience in creative writing and short form writing.
- Ability to using Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven demonstration of creative and innovative thinking.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to learn a variety of analytics and social media tools.
- Experience with MS Office: PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.