For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Financial Engineer/Numerical Programmer with a very strong quant background to work on a 1 year or longer project. The project involves a large-scale enterprise-wide AWS migration.
The Financial Engineer should be a fast learner, able to pick new tools and concepts up quickly. They should have strong development skills in Unix scripting, Python, and C++ or equivalent language, as well as working with Big Data or databases. They should have financial services experience, or at least a strong relevant academic record.
- Develop, modify, or update code used by business units to help connect applications to enterprise database.
- Participate in the implementation of multiple applications in a Unix/Linux environment, using Unix scripting, as well as Python and other languages as needed.
- Develop automated testing to validate migration of applications to AWS cloud.
- Develop technology to leverage big-data techniques to place output of applications onto the enterprise data lake.
- Assist with data testing.
- Advanced degree in financial engineering, science or engineering preferred.
- Strong Unix scripting and Python skills are required.
- Experience in C++ or equivalent language.
- Experience working with Big Data, databases, SAS or R.
- Experience in numerical calculations and quantitative financial analytics required.
- AWS experience is required.
- Prefer financial services experience, or at least a strong relevant academic record (financial service internships or projects).
- Must be a true fast learner who is able to pick up new tools and concepts quickly.