Our client is a leading manufacturer and retailer of portable displays for events and marketing. All printing and fulfillment is done on-site at their Cerritos location.
Currently, they are looking for a Production Manager to join their team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively coordinate the daily schedule, priority, and details of all production jobs to ensure quality and accuracy at all stages. Work collaboratively with production staff and upper management to ensure that deadlines are met, and that all jobs are completed with high quality, accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness.
- Manage and oversee production staff and their day-to-day schedules, responsibilities, output, and quality of work. Ensure that company procedures are followed and all work areas are kept clean and organized.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager and the Equipment Operators to ensure that all printing and finishing equipment is properly used and maintained. Proactively make recommendations for the maintenance and acquisition of equipment and supplies in order to ensure efficient and reliable production.
- Oversee and assist with finishing, installation, and quality assurance for all printed products as needed – banner stands, pop ups and other large format graphics.
- Collaborate with quality assurance staff to ensure that all orders are checked for accuracy, completeness, and quality of materials and packaging. Assist with the packing of finished products for shipment as necessary.
- Assist the Operations Manager and the Research and Development staff with special projects as needed – troubleshooting errors, testing new templates, materials, or hardware, tracking recurring issues, etc.
- Manage the production supplies and inventory.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the authoring and maintenance of production procedures, policies, workflows, and related documentation.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager and QA Staff in performing color-match and quality-assurance approvals.
- Assist other production team members with production-related tasks as needed.
- Communicate proactively with upper management regarding any production errors, production efficiencies, workplace hazards, or other concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience in a previous product management and/or quality assurance role is required.
- Experience working in a large format print production environment is a big plus.
- Experience with graphic design, prepress, and graphic file formats is a plus.
- Good eye for color, quality, and details.
- Ability to operate efficiently, effectively, and with high quality execution while handling delicate materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to carefully handle delicate printed materials to avoid damage and ensure a high-quality final product.
- Must be detail oriented and proactive.
- Excellent organization and communication skills are required.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude at all times.
Competitive pay with benefits, including: medical, paid time off, paid holidays.