The position makes decisions regarding implementation of existing compliance policies and procedures to satisfy regulatory requirements and Group compliance policies affecting assigned businesses and makes recommendations for changes in policies and procedures. The position monitors the activities of the assigned businesses on a risk-based approach to identify higher compliance risks and assist business in remedial solutions. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to supervisor for approval.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for activities of assigned area(s), typically of the largest and most complex nature, to ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures and external regulations, including monthly, quarterly and annual account and activity reviews.
- Review and analyze compliance monitoring reports and other related source documents for suspicious/unusual patterns of activity. Follow-up with responsible area for explanations and discussions for appropriate action.
· Responsible for daily classification of commodities using the USHTS and Census Schedule B Export Codes.
· Assist in license determinations by providing the Products and Material Classification Team with the appropriate level of information
· Provide support to assigned areas on compliance-related issues, including account opening, registrations matters, and form review for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Participate in compliance reviews, projects and training efforts; act on behalf of senior management, as required.
- Provide guidance to business unit personnel on regulatory matters, as appropriate.
- Promote an environment that supports ethics and diversity in the workplace.
- Maintain and update product master database with applicable USHTS classifications and ECCN determinations.
- Maintain document retention, in accordance with compliance manuals for a minimum of 5 years.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, related field or equivalent experience. (preferred but not required)
· Minimum of three years proven audit, compliance, financial services operations and/or regulatory experience, or equivalent.
· Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Power point, Project, Word and Visio.
- Thorough knowledge of products, services, operations and systems and extensive dealing with laws, regulations and regulatory agencies related to assigned areas.
· Knowledge of import/export documentation
· Understand in detail customs brokerage and freight forwarding
· SAP experience or other ERP system
· Exceptional communication, time management and organizational skills
· Integrity and Trust
· Time Management
· Priority Setting
· Action Oriented
· Decision Quality
At DistributionNOW, we believe our associates are the best in the business. We value and reward hardworking, creative, and dedicated employees that desire to be part of a team committed to outstanding customer service. START YOUR CAREER NOW.