Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to help develop, test and validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist in the LUNAR Technology Development team, you will work with members of the team and collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development, bioinformatics, process engineering, automation, clinical development, and operations. You will be hands-on in the lab, leading and participating in efforts to develop, implement, validate, and transfer assays to our clinical lab. You will lead and participate in teams supporting the development of IVD and LDT products. An ideal candidate would have experience with NGS assay development for automated platforms in a regulated environment. Preference is given to candidates with experience developing/optimizing oligonucleotide-based assay methodology including hybrid capture-related methods.
- Execute studies aimed at improving and streamlining NGS assays
- Collaborate cross-functionally to facilitate the effective transfer of methods and processes to the CLIA lab
- Identify areas for improvement in assay work stream and propose and implement solutions
- Ensure all work is performed and documented in compliance with applicable regulatory and quality practices (CLIA/CAP, IVD (Design Control), ISO13485)
- Present data, proposals, and progress in various forums and to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques including sample preparation for NGS
- Quantitative/analytical mindset- ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models and experimental tests for those models, and synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Experience with NGS data analysis tools (Python, R, IGV, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document and communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Enjoy working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to change
- Curiosity and drive
- Product development in a regulated environment
- Experience with assay development for automated liquid handling platforms
- Experience optimizing/developing oligonucleotide- and hybrid capture- based technologies.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field and 5+ years of relevant work experience
Physical demands /working environment:
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/lab environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/