Title : Sourcing And Logistics Assistant
Location : Wilmington DE
Duration : 5 months contract opportunity
Job Description :
- As buyer of record, develop procurement strategies in conjunction with the businesses and/or commodity team.
- Responsible for preparing, negotiating, managing and coordinating agreements supporting the procurement of various materials and services. o Buyer of record with execution authority o Points of negotiation may include, but not limited to: terms and conditions, compensation, and terms of payment, and o Creation of white paper agreements.
- Performs research and analysis to understand labor/market rates for services/goods to enable better negotiations and ensures competitive pricing by suppliers versus industry trends and market place dynamics.
- May evaluate and select suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost and capability.
- Works independently to set up auctions for buyers. Will serve as a resource or subject matter expert to the buyer for knowledge and skill around setting up auctions.
- Adopt a systematic approach to monitor expiring agreements. Make the decision and/or work with the buyer to extend or terminate agreements.
- Serve as a resource to new buyers regarding best practices and Global Procurement policies and procedures.
- Buyer transactional support including but not limited to white paper creation, PO processing, obtaining execution authority through the current system, acquiring signatures on agreements, and resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Collaborate with supply chain and/or contract administrators to ensure agreements are implemented at the site level.
- Serve as key contact to handle day-to-day needs of the sites and suppliers, as well as use discretionary judgment to resolve issues that may arise in the absence of the buyer.
- Independently assess workload to set priorities in order to ensure continuous receipt of goods and services, and provide outstanding client, supplier and buyer support.
- Lead & make decisions based upon supply/demand need for the respective commodity.
- Respond to critical delivery issues and use discretionary judgment to resolve issues in a prompt manner.
- Seek out alternate supply options in cases where material is allocated or unavailable.
- Resolve quality, service, supply, and invoicing issues with suppliers. Interface with both internal client’s and suppliers to resolve issues without leadership direction.
- Initiate, develop, facilitate and/or implement process improvements specific to service centers commodities, and/or sites.
- Create standard operating procedures and training documents to facilitate training both within WSC and within other global service centers.
- Participate on global teams to drive standardization across global service centers. Skill Requirements:
- Candidates must have strong customer service skills, be client focused and possess very strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with the varying tasks and demands in this role.
- Strong communication skills
- Embraces and adapts to change, flexible and has a positive attitude.
- Candidates must possess strong computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) capability and procurement systems (SAP, eSourcing) experience.
- Candidates must possess the ability to listen as well as communicate information in a clear, courteous, concise and logical manner.
- Good decision making, problem solving, and analytical skills are needed as is the initiative and ability to follow through with attention to detail.
- Candidates must be solution focused, able to recognize the problem and work to develop a solution.
- Skilled at standardizing and simplifying processes to enable consistency in work practices across the center.
- Strong organizational skills to manage the heavy workload in this position and works well under pressure.
- Candidates must be able to work independently, requiring minimal supervision and possess strong time management skills.
- Being a strong team player who helps to create a positive environment and jumps in to help team members without being asked. This is essential to the overall success of the service center.
- As a key connect between clients, suppliers and buyers, candidates must exhibit a high degree of professionalism and tact. Key Core Competencies: