Public Health InternMSDA C&E Foundation
Short-term 90 Day Online Internship with 501(c)(3) Training Initiative ��� Hospital SecurityThe American Public Safety Training Institute
Domestic Violence Group TherapyChristian Relief Services
Summer Internships in Health Promotion, Marketing, and Social MediaNational Health Promotion Associates, Inc.
Quality Institute InternUnited Hospital Fund of New York
Public Health InternAmerican Correctional Association
Fitness/Recreation Specialist InternManatee County Parks and Recreation
Veggies 4 A CauseVeggies 4 A Cause
Grant Writer InternBookmark This
Minority Health Alliance
P.O. Box 606104
Posted: July 24 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMinority Health Alliance (MHA) is a non-profit organization focused on improving health outcomes for minorities. MHA's mission statement states, "The Minority Health Alliance is committed to reducing health disparities among minority populations by promoting health, wellness, and awareness through education and advocacy". It is an organization consisting of due-paying members which organizes and funds events for the benefit of under served minorities. Grant writing interns will be expected to assist in the grant writing process to aid in the acquisition of funds to support MHA's endeavors.
Applicants for the position should email their resume and cover letter to Kimberly D. Sanders, Minority Health Alliance president, at sandersK@neonhealth.org.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: Grant Writing
1. Assist with research of new funders to develop a grants calendar.
2. Draft compelling grant proposals.
3. Research relevant statistics for proposals.
4. Cast the vision of the Minority Health Alliance to funders.
1. Junior or Senior level student with experience in English and or Communications.
2. Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing and professional phone and email communication is required.
3. Previous experience in research and/or grant writing.
4. Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred.
5. Flexibility and self-motivation.
6. Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize under a deadline.
7. Ability to plan and work with various groups of people, and sensitivity to the Minority Health Alliance’s mission.