Public relations internGlo Religion
Public Relations Intern
Fashion PR internICB Onward
Social Media & Community Management InternDanielle Davis Public Relations
Social Services - Spring 2017Sweet Sleep
Social Services - Fall 2016Sweet Sleep
Public RelationsBeloved Streets of America
Corporate Sponsorship LiaisonBeloved Streets of America
PUBLIC RELATIONS & MARKETING INTERNBookmark This
Covenant House Georgia
1559 Johnson Road, NW
Posted: August 25 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCovenant House Georgia (CHGA) will provide the opportunity to learn about supporting non-profits, more specifically Covenant House Georgia’s services, and the importance of external communication efforts and branding, which are critical to raising awareness for the organization through media, marketing, website and social media presence. This internship will be designed to help the intern learn about many facets of public relations and marketing through hands-on project based experience.
Covenant House Georgia is a subsidiary of Covenant House International, the largest, privately funded nonprofit service organization serving homeless young people in the Americas. Covenant House Georgia has been providing food, shelter, counseling, education and vocational training to homeless, runaway and trafficked youth in the Greater Atlanta area since 2000.
ResponsibilitiesLearn about Social Media and managing social media efforts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,YouTube, LinkedIn), and with marketing team, create an effective Social Media strategy which will include:
• Researching organizations who might “Like or Follow” CHGA on various platforms
• Writing and posting messages, uploading photos and video
Learn about producing an effective nonprofit marketing campaign by:
• Developing marketing materials
• Writing press releases and producing powerful E-newsletters
• Writing and editing content and uploading photos/videos for CHGA’s website
Learn how to coordinate successful special events by:
• Working with the Development Team on planning and execution of large events
• Attending committee meetings
Learn to coordinate an effective media campaign by:
• Learning how to pitch media stories and understanding the importance of maintaining an up-to-date media contact list
• Researching new media opportunities (web portals, radio psas, calendar listings)
Develop writing skills by:
• Learning how to interview and securing testimonials and stories of CHGA youth and stories of their experience with CHGA
• Writing powerful stories for use in newsletters, media releases, e-blasts, and fundraising campaigns
Minimally, should be a third year college student or equivalent, prefer an individual that is pursuing or just completed a four-year degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
Previous office experience preferred.
Special Knowledge and Skills
• Must have strong skills in Microsoft Office, Word,PowerPoint, Exel
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
• Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills. Strict attention to detail is a must; ability to multi-talk is essential.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Prior experience with Social Media very helpful.